Yay! the blog tour for Kill Me is on… and I’ve decided give away some cool prizes in celebration! Check it out and earn your contest entries.
- One lucky winner will receive a $25 Amazon Gift card, because a QuirkyGurl can never have too many books.
- One lucky winner will receive a $15 iTunes gift card, in honor of the moderate musical theme in Kill Me.
- One very lucky winner will receive a Kick A** Swag pack, including a signed paperback copy of Kill Me and some other fun gifts.
Giveaway dates will run from April 22nd – May 5th at midnight. Winners will be notified shortly after the contest ends. So how do you win?
To enter for a chance to win one of the prizes, you can do one (or more) of the following:
- sign up for the blog feed (top right box in the blog)
- Follow @imaquirkygurl on Twitter
- Like QuirkyGurlMedia on Facebook
- Like or share the post on other tour stops. (See the blog tour schedule post here.)
Additionally, doing one of the follow will not only earn you good karma, but bonus chances at winning:
- Tweet the book’s amazon link: “Check out the new #kindle #ebook ‘Kill Me by Alex Owens’- music, magic, fangs & freaks. http://amzn.to/JdV19o #bloodchordseries ” (you can change the text however you see fit, but the book link and the #bloodchordseries must be posted so I can track the tweets.)
- If you’ve read the book and liked it, consider reviewing it on Amazon, LibraryThing, or Goodreads.
- Post a link to this giveaway or to Kill Me’s Amazon page on your own blog, facebook, etc.
After you’ve done at least one (or more) of the above, you must leave a comment on this post so that I know what you’ve done. Thanks in advance, and good luck!
- The Birth of a Novel (Kill Me Release) (quirkygurl.com)
When my book formatting guru told me I’d have to wait 2-3 weeks to get back the finished digital and print files, I cringed. That’s forever, I thought. I want to release it now!
Of course, while I’m ankle deep in organizing book reviews, a blog tour, giveaways and anything else that will help this novel make a big splash out of the gate, I am oh-so-grateful that the formatting is taking a few weeks. I’m honestly thinking about telling her to take her time with it.
I kid. Sort of. I am super-excited to get this novel birthed already. But I’m swamped with the preparations. Not to mention coordinating everything.
Timing is important you see. The Kindle version only gets 30 days on the New Releases list. So I’ve got a very short window to garner reviews and generate an overall buzz before the novel starts sliding in the ranks. Reviews need to come blitzkreig-style in the first few weeks. Aside from book bloggers, this means I have to create some ads and get placement on popular book sites. Here’s an example I just whipped up a few minutes ago.
During that time, I am also putting together a virtual book tour, where multiple book-centric websites will host me or the novel in one way or another. Author interviews, fictional character interviews, essays, book and swag giveaways (ack! I forgot to design and order my swag. crud) and the like. This means I have a lot of non-fiction writing to do in the next little bit. And organizing, because I don’t want all coverage to occur on the same day. I’m more interested in spreading the exposure out over a few weeks, since I think that will help the book sustain rank better for the long term.
Speaking of blog tours, what do you think of my little banner below? Do you love it? I do