Monthly Archives: April 2012
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Having not read the first two books in this series, I expected to be a little behind while reading it. But there is enough back-story in this book that I got most everything that happened prior to this novel. I could see that as a lot of filler for someone who had already read the previous books though, but I guess that’s the price you pay for trying to keep everybody happy.
Overall, I really liked the main character Jolie, and I seem to be just as confused about her possible love interests as she is. (I wanted to whack Rand upside his handsome face a few times and Sinjin surprised me quite a few times too ~swoon!) The plotting kept me going and I finished this book in about three hours on this lazy Sunday afternoon.
That being said, a few things bugged me. Jolie doesn’t want to be the Queen, yet she seems to be falling right into the “I’m the Queen, so you have to do it” mantra. Also, a few things seem to be accepted a little too easily, or forgotten fairly quickly. Take the Prophetess (or priestess, I forget already) Mercedes… Surely I can’t be the only one who smells something rotten in Denmark here. She find out something, or somehow knows a helpful tidbit, and no one questions it. Even when it seems hinky.
I’ll read more by Mallory of course, back to the beginning to see if that makes me feel better about this book. Overall I really liked it, but I wanted to love it– you know?
Yay! the blog tour for Kill Me is on… and I’ve decided give away some cool prizes in celebration! Check it out and earn your contest entries.
- One lucky winner will receive a $25 Amazon Gift card, because a QuirkyGurl can never have too many books.
- One lucky winner will receive a $15 iTunes gift card, in honor of the moderate musical theme in Kill Me.
- One very lucky winner will receive a Kick A** Swag pack, including a signed paperback copy of Kill Me and some other fun gifts.
Giveaway dates will run from April 22nd – May 5th at midnight. Winners will be notified shortly after the contest ends. So how do you win?
To enter for a chance to win one of the prizes, you can do one (or more) of the following:
- sign up for the blog feed (top right box in the blog)
- Follow @imaquirkygurl on Twitter
- Like QuirkyGurlMedia on Facebook
- Like or share the post on other tour stops. (See the blog tour schedule post here.)
Additionally, doing one of the follow will not only earn you good karma, but bonus chances at winning:
- Tweet the book’s amazon link: “Check out the new #kindle #ebook ‘Kill Me by Alex Owens’- music, magic, fangs & freaks. http://amzn.to/JdV19o #bloodchordseries ” (you can change the text however you see fit, but the book link and the #bloodchordseries must be posted so I can track the tweets.)
- If you’ve read the book and liked it, consider reviewing it on Amazon, LibraryThing, or Goodreads.
- Post a link to this giveaway or to Kill Me’s Amazon page on your own blog, facebook, etc.
After you’ve done at least one (or more) of the above, you must leave a comment on this post so that I know what you’ve done. Thanks in advance, and good luck!
- The Birth of a Novel (Kill Me Release) (quirkygurl.com)